Quality lawn turf laying in Maidstone, Bexley and Dartford.
Laying top quality turf, we are turfing specialists based in Bearsted, Maidstone.
A stunning, lush green new lawn can really transform your garden, creating a real centre piece that can be used for various activities.
Our range of soil improvers and turf types can be used to create a lawn in most situations, we can improve lawn drainage and also address other issues causing your current lawn to struggle.
If you need a professional turf laying company in Maidstone, Bexley or Dartford, please call us on 07894 107876 or 01622 535747 for a free estimate.
Turf comes in various grades and qualities, we only use the very best suppliers that provide us with ongoing consistent high quality lawn turf. Our turf is always grown from quality seeds, and various blends are used to create different properties in the turf. As an example we can lay turf more suited to a family lawn, and our shade tolerant turf is ideal when you have a slightly shadier garden as it will still grow with lower light levels than most standard lawn turf requires.
Below are some gardens where we have laid lawn turf in Maidstone, Bexley, Dartford and surrounding areas:
Turf laying Methods:
The soil in Kent is very variable in each area, from clay soil, sandy loam and fullers earth to flint and chalk seams.
We have various professional machines to prepare the soil to give your new lawn the best possible start. These include stone-buriers, rotovators, power box rakes, turf cutters, mole drainers, de-compactors and graders.
Our topsoil suppliers can blend soils as required so we can improve the root zone in your garden, either digging out and replacing really poor soil or incorporating soil improvers.
Typically, we use the following steps in re-turfing lawns:
- Strip old turf and vegetation, either using our turf cutting machine, power box rake or stone-burier. If the ground is really neglected and weedy, we will normally suggest applying a degradable weed killer a few weeks beforehand.
- De-compact soil. This allows nutrients, air and water to reach the roots of the new turf, and gives a fine soil for the roots to take to.
- Incorporate any new topsoil or soil improvers, such as sand or organic materials.
- Grade and firm lawn area, to get a smooth surface that is firmed without being over compacted.
- Apply pre-turf fertiliser and rake into surface, creating a fine tilth.
- Lay quality, cultivated lawn turf over the prepared ground, creating a stunning new lawn that you can really be proud of.
For a quality lawn turf laying company in Maidstone, Bexley, Dartford and throughout Kent, please call us today to arrange your free estimate: 01622 535747 or 07894 107876.